4×4 Assist Sussex is a highly trained group of professional drivers and only recruit dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable volunteers.
Before you complete the initial joining application form, please make sure you have read and understood the points below which we expect from all members of our team. Completing this form is not automatic acceptance to become a 4×4 Assist member. The Trustees reserve the right to refuse an application at any time without reason.
All considered applicants will need to comply with the following points:
- At least 18 years old
- In general good health
- Reasonably physically fit (walk at least two miles within 60 minutes)
- Have access to a mobile phone and computer with internet connection for group communications
- Keep their vehicles roadworthy, and presentable inside and out at all times
- Be able to attend monthly meetings in Sussex
- Willing to attend call-outs, (fuel expenses may not be paid for all jobs)
Once being approved as a Member, you will be required to:
- Complete a short advance driving assessment (in-house)
- Complete an off-road driver training course (provided*)
- Complete a first aid course (provided*)
- Display a 4×4 Assist logo on your vehicle (provided)
- Attend at least three training courses per year (provided*)
- Provide regular maintenance records for your vehicle
- Volunteer at least three fundraising and marshalling events per year
- Pay a joining fee of £35.00 which covers our costs for hi-viz clothing, vehicle branding etc. If you attend three fund raising events during a 12-month-period, your membership fee will be free the following year
* A small fee may be chargeable for some courses.
Despite us ALL being unpaid volunteers we work alongside companies, event organisers, emergency services and the general public. All of these require a professional and efficient approach by 4×4 Assist.
Check back here soon as we will shortly be adding a list of available roles.